TRL Terms & Conditions
The following outlines the Terms and Conditions associated with playing TRL: Touch Rugby League in the locations managed by the website you are viewing (not any other TRL Location). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By checking the box, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
A: Code of Conduct
All registered players are bound by this code of conduct. A player, whether on or off the field, must refrain from:
- Continual breaches of the rules;
- Swearing, foul, abusive or derogatory language which includes comments or actions;
- Verbal abuse including language, comments or words that threatens or denigrates a player, referee or spectator on the basis of his/her religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, national or ethnic origin;
- Talking back to or arguing with a referee;
- Dissent or disapproval towards a referee following a decision by the referee;
- Intentional physical contact not permitted by the rules or striking a player, referee, spectator or TRL representative;
- Attacking the head of an opponent or tripping an opponent;
- Entering the field under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Excessively hard touches or overly aggressive game play;
- Any action deemed, in the ultimate discretion of the referee or competition manager, to bring the game into disrepute or any other action which is not in the spirit of the game.
Should a player (or team) breach the Code of Conduct above, TRL Canberra Pty Ltd may take whatever action necessary including but not limited to: suspension of individuals and teams; individual bans or team bans; escalating the matter to Police or appropriate law enforcement bodies.
If more than one player from the same team is involved in an a breach of the Code of Conduct above, TRL Canberra Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove the entire team. [Should a team be banned or removed from the competition on account of a breach of the Code of Conduct, all monies paid will be forfeited unless TRL Canberra Pty Ltd agrees to refund a portion of the season’s fee].
PLEASE NOTE, TRL has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to acts of violence. TRL takes such incidents extremely seriously. Any player or spectator involved in any violent act will be banned from TRL. The ban will in most cases, be for life and only if there are extenuating circumstances, will that player/spectator be allowed to return. TRL will also escalate such incidents to the police where required.
B: Role of the Team Captain/Organiser
- Team captains are responsible for their players and associated spectators’ conduct both on and off the field.
- The team captain must make sure all participating players register online (see C: Insurance). Forms are available at the Fields but “Regulars” must register online to qualify for finals.
- The team captain is ultimately responsible for the collection of all money which must be paid in full by the required date.
- A failure to pay by the required date results in both a forfeiture of the deposit and possible removal of that team, from the competition. TRL Canberra Pty Ltd also reserves the right to chase the balance amount using a Debt Collector Agency (a process which may invoke a fee).
- The captain must assist TRL Canberra Pty Ltd representatives in identifying players that have breached the Code of Conduct.
- To play finals or wildcard fixtures, a player must be registered on or before week 8 fixtures begin. Any player that registers after week 8 cannot play in weeks 9 and 10.
- Age Restrictions: Players under the age of 14 cannot play Senior TRL due to safety concerns. Players under the age of 18 must have a signed letter from a Guardian to play TRL. It is the responsibility of the captain to ensure appropriate steps are taken to gain relevant parental/guardian approval and to ensure no player is under the age of 14.
- To be insured, a player must be registered. Registration can be completed online and appropriate instructions have been provided to team captains and players (via email, text message and via the individual fixture pages) on how to complete this registration. It is the responsibility of the team captain to ensure all players are registered. TRL Canberra Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility in ensuring that all participating players, register. This responsibility lies with the team captain.
- Should a player not have access to the internet, they can sign up offline at their relevant venue. However, they must first seek permission from TRL Canberra Pty Ltd prior to doing this.
- All players are encouraged to seek medical advice before playing to ensure they are fit and capable of playing TRL.
- All registered players agree to be covered by the Sports Personal Accident Insurance Policy. [Click Here for the Quick Guide].
- For a player to make an insurance claim, they must report the incident to BOTH the referee and competition manager on the night of the injury. A failure to do so voids a player’s right to claim through the TRL Insurance Policy (registered in company – TRL Canberra Pty Ltd).
- Age Restrictions: Players under the age of 14 cannot play TRL due to safety concerns. Players under the age of 18 must have a signed letter from a parent or guardian to play TRL. It is the responsibility of the captain to ensure appropriate steps are taken to gain relevant parental/guardian approval and to ensure no player is under the age of 14.
D: Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- In consideration of TRL Canberra Pty Ltd allowing me, once I am a registered player, to participate in the TRL Canberra Pty Ltd competition and events run by TRL Canberra Pty Ltd, I agree to release TRL Canberra Pty Ltd from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any game or other activity (TRL related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of TRL Canberra Pty Ltd, whether or not the injury is caused by TRL Canberra Pty Ltd or any other person; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of TRL Canberra Pty Ltd or any other individual.
- I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the TRL competition or other activity, some physical contact will occur between myself and other individuals involved in the competition; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold TRL Canberra Pty Ltd or any other TRL Representative responsible for any injury or illness I may suffer in respect of that contact.
- I acknowledge that in order to co-ordinate the TRL competition effectively, my contact details will be used to communicate competition updates via email (including newsletter service) and phone.
- I acknowledge that in the course of a season, photos and videos will be taken of games being played and teams. I consent to these photos being uploaded to social media sites such as Facebook, the TRL website and for these photos to be used in marketing and advertising campaigns.